Cleaning up your diet is great. But daily exposure to common toxic chemicals in your house can be just as harmful to your health. Here are some easy natural alternatives.
1) Air fresheners. Throw out your toxic Lysol and Glade air freshener’s and replace them with high quality essential oil’s and a diffuser.
2) Aluminum foil. Aluminum is a heavy metal that we really shouldn’t be touching, let alone cooking our food on. Parchment paper works just fine.
3) Tupperware. Storing food in plastic Tupperware I can reach xenoestrogens into your food. Cooking in the microwave makes this even worse. You probably shouldn’t use the microwave at all. Glass containers are a little more expensive, but much safer. And you could use them in your toaster oven.
4) Kitchen cleaners. Most kitchen cleaners can be as harmful to your health as the germs that they are trying to kill. A white vinegar and water solution will do the trick just as well for most germs and bacteria.
5) Carpet cleaner. Instead of spraying chemicals onto the rug that your baby crawls on or dog rolls around on, try this concoction: combine water, white vinegar, sea salt, and lavender essential oil in a spray bottle. Spray and blot like you normally would.