Most of us would assume that the FDA is an agency that looks out for the best interest of the health of Americans. However, if we look closely, it seems that their biggest interests are those of special “interest” groups like Big Agra and Big Pharma. Here’s some blatant examples of how they seemingly look the other way when it comes to our health and nutrition. Unfortunately, WE have to be the ones researching and inspecting our food products.
- Antibiotics fed to animals– instead of banning antibiotics, they’ve asked that the farming industry “voluntarily” stop the practice
- Safety Assessments – The FDA allows the company that produces a food to do its own safety assessment. The FDA only reviews that assessment
- No GMO labeling – If GMO’s are allegedly safe, why not put it on the label?
- GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) List – The FDA uses a system similar to the Safety Assessment to determine the safety of a food additive. These do NOT have to appear in the ingredients list on packaging
- FDA Commissioner Rober Califf – He has tremendous ties to the Pharmaceutical Industry and has received monetary contributions from 23 different drug companies